- Reverse - Solution
- Factorial - Solution
- Longest Word - Solution
- Sum Nums - Solution
- Time Conversion - Solution
- Count Vowels - Solution
- Palindrome - Solution
- Nearby AZ - Solution
- Two Sum - Solution
- Is Power of 2? - Solution
- Third Greatest - Solution
- Most Common Letter - Solution
- Dasherize Number - Solution
- Capitalize Words - Solution
- Scramble String - Solution
- Is Prime? - Solution
- Nth Prime - Solution
- Longest Palindrome - Solution
- Greatest Common Factor - Solution
- Caesar Cipher - Solution
- Number of Repeated Letters - Solution
These questions are meant to prepare you for the coding challenge. You should read each question and try to solve them for yourself. Solutions are provided, look at those after making your attempt at the problem. Make sure you understand the solutions.
We've noted a difficulty level for each problem. The easy ones are a little easier than the problems you'll see on the challenge, the medium ones are a good proxy for the difficulty of the challenge, and the hard ones are generally harder than those you'll encounter on the challenge.
Run the file; if any "false" is output, then your program contains an error.
If you would like to review the Introduction to Programming Minibook, a recap of the various topics are available here: Introduction To Programming Summary.
Setup for Downloads
We strongly recommend you use Cloud9 (c9.io) to do the downloaded practice problems. See our setup instructions for instructions on how to use Cloud9.